Stock Room Assistant
Stock Room Assistant (Oceanside, CA)
Willard Marine is looking for an independent self motivated individual to serve as a liason with suppliers. This position is based in Willard Marine Oceanside, CA facility. To apply for this role, please send current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The role of Stock Room Assistand, will be responsible for logistics, planning and coordination of all material/parts in our manufacturing and repair facility. The administrative duties will require having an analytical review of vendor performance, evaluating alternative sources of procurement to align with targeted cost efficiences.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Careful monitoring of shipping dates and on-going communication with suppliers and vendors to include price updates and supply chain issues.
- Proactively negotiate payment terms, discount pricing and bulk orders
- Monitor Inventory and Purchasing report while maintaining adequate stocking levels for anticipated and current production needs
- Consistently review parts and supply inventory levels in bins, production areas, and shelves
- Create requisitions that align with upcoming work and production demands
- Report on stock handling equipment, inventory variations, material loss, and receiving returns
- Distribute parts and material to production areas with updates to inventory reports
- Cut stock to size required for production specifications
- Oversee continuous quality control over vendors, personel, service levels, and inspection results.
- Other admnistrative duties can be detailed in further communcations
- Strong analytical, decision-making, and negotiating skills
- Solid interpersonal skill that require clear communication (written / verbal), friendly yet firm negotiating tact.
- Ability to effectively multitask and manage multiple project deadlines
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and able to adapt to tech solutions
- Knowledge of boat parts and marine terminology a plus.
- Ability to travel locally to meet with vendors and conduct parts pickup/delivery
- Purchasing experience
- ERP knowledge preferred
- Good organizational and computer skills
- Clean driving record.
This position is based in Oceanside, CA. For inquiries or to apply: email@example.com