Aluminum Welder (Chesapeake, VA)
Serving as a global leader in composite boat manufacturing since 1957, Willard Marine, Inc. is a recognized pioneer in the design and construction of high performance boats. In the 1980s, Willard Marine expanded its focus from recreational and commercial use to include military, law enforcement and public safety requirements. With over 50 years of design, engineering and manufacturing experience, repeat customers include the US Navy, US Coast Guard, Homeland Security, NOAA, Law Enforcement Agencies, and foreign governments alike. These are the most challenging customers in the world and represent the most demanding requirements. In response, Willard Marine boats have an unsurpassed record of reliable and durable performance under the most demanding conditions. It is no accident that the US Navy has placed Willard Marine RIBs on almost every significant surface ship in its fleet, more RIBs than all our competitors combined.
Currently offering over 20 models of world-class watercraft in both composite and aluminum configurations, Willard Marine is headquartered in Anaheim, California with additional facilities in Virginia Beach. Our bi-coastal manufacturing facilities and experienced staff ensure that Willard Marine's future reflects nothing less than our legacy - boats of unmatched quality since 1957.
• Operates welding equipment using appropriate GMAW techniques to weld aluminum plates and extrusions in all positions, occasionally in confined spaces
• Prepares weldments using a variety of tools such as grinders, saws, wire brushes and routers.
• Interprets specifications from blueprints, drawings, charts and weld schedules to layout weld patterns.
• Performs tack-welding during fabrication phase of construction
• Operates clamps, hydraulic rams and other typical boat building equipment
• Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 2 years of experience with aluminum welding
• Hold functional knowledge of all welding equipment
• Have full knowledge of weld electrodes and wire and machine settings
• Maintain an acceptable standard in quality and quantity
• Candidates must also have the ability to read/interpret blueprints and be able to pass pre-employment screenings and a weld test.
POSITION LOCATION: Chesapeake, VA
Willard Marine offers an exciting and supportive business environment. We develop our people and reward their contribution. We work with openness and integrity. We are an equal opportunity employer. For inquiries please email: email@example.com